Administrative Procedure 220
Locally Approved Resources
Appropriate instructional resources and materials are essential in the delivery of a quality educational program. Circumstances may arise where school programs may benefit from a locally approved resource that more closely matches the needs and opportunities existing within the Wild Rose School Division. The Superintendent may authorize resources submitted by the Principal based on the following criteria:
Authorized Resource(s): All educational materials approved by the Minister of Education
Locally Developed Resource(s): All educational materials approved by the Superintendent
- The resource materials must be applicable to general and specific learner outcomes.
2. The resource materials must reflect the current pedagogy inherent in the list of approved resources.
3. The resource materials must reflect the guidelines relevant to all tolerance and understanding issues.
4. The reading level of the resources must be appropriate to the age/grade level for which they are being chosen.
5. The resource materials should be appropriately current in their program content.
6. Budgetary considerations cannot be utilized as a rationale for the supplanting of authorized educational resources with locally approved educational resources.
Reviewed: October, 2011
Next Review by: October, 2016
Section 20, 39, 45, 60, 61 School Act
Policy 11 Delegation