Administrative Procedure 301
Adult and Returning Students
Previous grade 12 students, students who return to school to repeat a course with the intent of raising their mark, or those who wish to obtain additional credits, may be enrolled at the discretion of the Principal on a conditional basis. Such students are expected to conduct themselves in a positive and mature manner, and are expected to follow all the rules and regulations of the school. Special considerations for students who demonstrate appropriate maturity may be permitted at the discretion of the Principal.
In order to maintain their course registration, the following conditions shall apply:
1. They are less than 20 years of age as of September 1 of the current school year.
2. They demonstrate acceptable achievement and work ethics in the courses in which they are registered.
3. The relevant course fees have been paid in advance.
4. There is available enrolment in the class.
5. Returning grade 12 students under the age of 20 as of September 1 who have received their diploma may enroll without cost provided they are funded by Alberta Education.
6. Students 20 years of age or older as of September 1 and non-funded students under the age of 20 as of September 1, of the current school year registering:
- In a class offered in the school must pay a course fee at the established CEU rate; and/or
- In a Distance Learning class must pay the full cost of each Distance Learning course taken.
7. The cost of all materials charged to other students in connection with the course will be an additional fee to adult and returning students.
8. Failure to meet any or all of the requirements of this policy may result in removal from school without refund.
9. The decision of the Principal is subject to appeal to the Superintendent or designate in accordance with the Division's appeal procedure.
Reviewed: July, 2011
Next Review by: July, 2016
School Act Section 1(1)(m), 8, 49, 60, 61
Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act Section 57.2
Policy 11 Delegation