Applications are invited for a Payroll and Benefits Practitioner with Wild Rose School Division based out of the Division Education Center in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
Working with the Manager of Payroll and Personnel, the successful candidate will administer pay and benefits for the Division’s five pay groups (monthly and bi-weekly pay schedules) from hire to termination. The Payroll and Benefits Practitioner will provide oversight and expertise relating to payroll financials and controls to ensure integrity of accounts including reconciliations, payroll related remittances, analytics as well as internal and external audit compliance and reviews.
The Division seeks a highly analytical, detail-oriented, organized, dedicated and motivated professional with strong interpersonal, project management and communication skills. A proactive self-starter who can work well under pressure individually or in a team.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Preference will be given to an individual with the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification and/or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines, changing priorities, time sensitive processing and confidential information
- Strong working knowledge of accounting procedures, processing payroll and applicable legislation/regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy, highly organized with solid decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience with general ledger and financial systems would be an asset
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. This position is out of scope.
A complete package will include a cover letter, resume, names and contacts of three professional references. Please also indicate your preference for part-time or full-time. The successful applicant will be required to provide a current criminal record check and child intervention check.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be determined based on the successful candidate’s education and experience.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to
August 30, 2021 will be carefully considered.
Email complete application package to email@example.com
(please include Competition Number and Your Name in the subject line)
Competition Number EX-21-22-03-DO
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes of applicants not granted an interview will not be kept on file.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the Secretary Treasurer or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.