Applications are invited for a full time Payroll and Benefits Practitioner with Wild Rose School Division based out of the Division Education Center in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
Working with the Manager of Payroll & Personnel, the Division seeks a proactive self-starter who can work well under pressure individually or in a team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation, processing and reconciliation of payroll, benefits, and associated remittances for the Division’s five pay groups (600+ employees) from hire to termination.
Our preferred candidate will be a highly analytical, detail-oriented, organized, dedicated and motivated professional with strong problem solving, project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications of our Preferred Candidate:
- At least 3 years of related experience and knowledge in computerized accounting and payroll/benefits procedures
- Preference will be given to an individual with the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification or working towards completion of PCP certification
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines, changing priorities, time sensitive processing and confidential information
- Working knowledge of payroll processing for salary and hourly pay groups, unionized and non-unionized with monthly and bi-weekly pay schedules
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures, general ledgers and financial systems would be an asset
- High attention to detail and accuracy with solid decision making and problem solving skills
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Schedule: This is a year round out of scope position to commence as soon as possible.
Salary will be based on the successful candidate’s education and experience. In addition, WRSD offers a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
A complete application package will include a cover letter, resume, names and contacts of three professional references. The successful applicant will be required to provide a current criminal record check and child intervention check.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Email complete application package to email@example.com
(please include Competition Number and Your Name in the subject line)
Competition Number EX-22-23-07-DO
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes of applicants not granted an interview will not be kept on file.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
Wild Rose School Division strives to create a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative culture. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.