Wild Rose School Division
Requires 5 (Five) FTE
Connection Coaches (Exempt Employees)
for Drayton Valley Schools
Applications are invited for five Regular Full Time Equivalent Connection Coaches. Please note that these positions may also be broken into part-time positions, if fitting with successful applicants.
Employment will be for a two year term commencing March 1, 2023.
This position will follow the school calendar, working Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day.
Details of position: Connection Coaches are under the direction of the Director of Wellness or Designate, for the monitoring of children with which they work. The Family Wellness Worker and/or Principal will refer students to the Connection Coach based on school team referrals and identified issues/concerns.
Requirements: 2 Year Diploma in Social Work or 2 Year Diploma in Early Learning or equivalent. The primary duties for this position will include:
- Provide emotional, behavioral, and social support in individual and small group settings to assist students in gaining the personal and social skills necessary to meet individual needs of building connection and relationships.
- Provide students with self-regulation strategies and co-regulate with students when necessary.
- Connecting with students who are struggling with attending school
- Primarily work will be in the school however there will also be a community component such as attending partner collaboration meetings
- Connecting students to outside community agencies
The Connection Coaches will be 10-month hourly employees ($23.40/hr). The work schedule for full-time is 7 hours/day Monday to Friday following the school calendar.
A complete package will include cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three references in a single Google or pdf document.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an original, satisfactory, and current (within six months) Criminal Record (including Vulnerable Sector) check as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled, but all applications received by 4:00 pm on February 16, 2023 will be guaranteed consideration.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please show competition number and applicant name in subject line)
Competition No. EX-22-23-10-DO
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, and we thank all applicants for their interest.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the Deputy Superintendent or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
Wild Rose School Division strives to create a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative culture. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.