Board Highlights - May 23, 2017
Adjustment of 2016-2017 School Calendar for Evergreen School Modular Classrooms
The Board approved an adjustment of the school calendar for the students in the Evergreen School Modular Classrooms so they would end school on June 23, 2017 instead of June 29, 2017. This change will help ensure the modulars are ready to go for the start of the 2017-2018 school year at H.W. Pickup.
Locally Developed Course Approval
The Board approved the authorization for the locally developed courses, Directing 25/35 for use in WRSD.
H.W. Pickup Name Change
The Board approved the renaming of H.W. Pickup Junior High to be H.W. Pickup School starting on September 1, 2017.
The following items were discussed in the Superintendent's Report. For more information click on the link above:
- First Nations Metis Inuit Collaboration
- Provincial Nutrition Program update
- Alberta School Councils’ Association Collaboration
- Bill 1 and 2017-18 School Fee Process
- New Curriculum Scope and Sequence/Subject Introduction Draft Release
- Input to Alberta Education
- Drayton Valley decanting plan
- Bus Hub Barrier Painting update