The Wild Rose School Division Board of Trustees would like to thank everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to participate in our November 4 public meeting to discuss the possible closure of Eldorado Elementary School in 2020-21 and our capital plan for Drayton Valley schools in the future. A few themes from the comments include:
- Questions about utilization rates vs class size and why the Board is so focused on utilization.
- The importance of stability and limiting the amount of movement for our students.
- Concerns about moving Drayton Christian School into Frank Maddock High School.
- Keeping Eldorado open in case we need the space for the H.W. Pickup students.
- Recognition that we need to improve our utilization rates.
- Questions about why we are starting to plan now when there are so many unknowns.
- Questions about liability for the H.W. Pickup structural issues.
For a complete list of all comments made as well as answers to questions that were raised, please see the following document: Drayton Valley Public Meeting Feedback - Nov 4, 2019.
Also, please see the following document for the slide presentation: Drayton Valley Schools Presentation Nov 4, 2019
Please note that the Board is also accepting written statements from anyone interested regarding the potential closure of Eldorado Elementary School. All written statements must be received at Division office no later than December 13, 2019. The Board will be reviewing these statements at their December 16 Governance & Priorities meeting.
Please submit written statements to one of the following:
Physical Address: Wild Rose School Division
4912 - 43 Street
Rocky Mountain House, AB T4T 1P4
The Board will be making a final decision regarding the closure of Eldorado Elementary School at their December 17, 2019 public meeting. Please note that this meeting will be held at the Town of Drayton Valley Council Chambers starting at 9:30 a.m.
Thank you again for your interest and input regarding this important decision.